10K101 - Run a 10K in Just Six Weeks
“Once you can run 5K you only have two choices. You can run faster, or you can run farther”. - Todd Lange
The Running Mate 10K101, 10K training program is a specially designed, 6 week training schedule for runner’s who are looking to increase their strength and endurance with the goal of reaching that next level road race without any unscheduled rest stops. Similar to 5K101 (Couch to 5K) and each of the other Running Mate programs, 10K101 is a coached audio runner’s training program that frees the runner from needing a stop watch or carrying a training schedule on their runs. All you have to do is download the workout tracks to your favorite MP3 device, press play, and hit the road.
There are multiple workouts included in this program, six weeks worth in fact. If you were to hire a personal coach or running trainer you would easily spend hundreds of dollars for the same high quality coaching that you’ll receive with the 10K101 audio program. This way you can spend a small fraction of the cost and better yet, you can workout on your own time instead of someone elses! Todd will coach you every step of the way and let you know how fast to run and for how long. Each track is also set to an outstanding selection of high energy music to keep your heart pumping and feet pounding.
Thousands of new and veteran runners have used Todd’s 10K101 program and gone on to conquer some pretty amazing challenges. We have triathletes, ironman finishers, and more marathon runners than we can count…and they all started right here at Running Mate!
Take the challenge now…The road awaits!
A couple of important points worth mentioning:
1. If you bomb a workout, and we all do, don’t let that get you down. If you just can’t find the energy to run at all, then call it a rest day and get back out there tomorrow once you’ve had a good nights rest.
2. If you have the energy to run, but for whatever reason, you just can’t seem to push through the interval assignments, then by all means scrap the intervals and just go for a fun run. Run for as long as you can at a comfortable pace and then try the assigned workout again tomorrow or after your next rest day.
3. Once you’ve completed a week and you don’t feel like you performed well enough to move on, move on anyway! Take an extra rest day if you need to, but get back out there and start the next week as scheduled. You can always go back and repeat your favorite workouts after you’ve finished the program.
4. Included in your audio files are various, timed bonus tracks (ex. 20 minute high intensity run, 30 minute low intensity jog, etc.). These tracks are optional, and you are free to use your own music for these assignments instead of the podcasts. The benefit to the podcasts are you will have Todd's voice calling out the time periodically and he will throw in some words of extra encouragement while you are running.
5. If at any point you experience any acute or lasting pain in a specific area of your body, please seek medical attention. DO NOT attempt to push through serious pain. You will only further injure yourself and the end result will be a mandatory sabbatical from running for weeks, if not months. It’s just not worth it, so take your health seriously.
Once you have completed your purchase, open the ZIP folder and download the contents to your hard drive. Each audio file is in typical MP3 format. We recommend you create a new folder on your computer labeled 10K101, then save these MP3 audio files into that folder.
Next, create a new 10K101 playlist on your MP3 player & copy/paste or click/drag the 10K101 audio files from that folder you just created into your new 10K101 playlist.
The next time you sync your MP3 player with your computer, your new playlist should appear and each of the workout tracks should be listed inside.